Thursday, December 1, 2005

Actual Menu for November 2009

Note: I didn't usually write down the fruits and vegies that we ate. We generally eat fruit for snacks and have 1 vegie with dinner. My goal is to increase that to 2 vegies with dinner. It's been my goal for a couple of years now. LOL! I also don't include the milk that we drink. To see what I purchased throughout the month of November check out this post.

Nov 1:
B-fast: a variety of leftovers
Lunch: grilled cheese & tomato soup
Dinner: DH made calzones (A LOT leftover!)

Nov 2:
B-fast: homemade pancakes;homemade syrup and whipping cream
Lunch: Kids - homemade pizza rollups DH - calzone, I used allowance and bought fast food
Dinner: Chili from freezerw/ baked potatoes and carrots
*I also boiled 4 pounds ground beef for the freezer
Snacks: homemade yoguart/granola, apples

Nov 3:
B-fast: DH & I steel cut oats (more info here)kids left over pancakes
Lunch: DH, myself & DS- leftover chili DD had school lunch
Dinner: DS & I leftover calzone, DD taco (from the boiled meat yesterday), DH ate at work
Snacks: homemade granola bars

Nov 4:
B-fast: Kids & I homemade cinnamon rolls from the freezer, DH leftover steel cut oats
Lunch: Everyone - leftover tacos
Dinner: Interesting Chinese food - not too good. Oh well.
Snacks: homemade granola bars & fresh pears

Nov 5:
B-fast: DH cold cereal. Kids & I toast
Lunch: DH Chinese food leftovers,DS chili, DD school lunch, I had homemade granola in milk
Dinner: Meatballs in BBQ sauce over rice and green beans

Nov 6:
B-fast: DH cereal, kids and I had bread w/ honey
Lunch: DH free at work, DS&DD spaghettios and pizza rollup. I had PB&banana sandwich
Dinner:FFY (fend for yourself) meatballs, peanut butter tortilla, peanut butter banana sandwich nary a vegetable in sight! OOPS!

Nov 7:
B-fast: Cold Cereal, noodles w/ cheese and homemade granola /milk
Lunch: FFY ramen noodles, fried eggs and toast
Dinner: shrimp fettucine (found shrimp for $1.50 so I splurged!) DS will have a calzone because he doesn't like shrimp and corn.

Nov 8:
B-fast:Cold Cereal & toast
Lunch: scrambled eggs w/ pinto beans and rice YUMMY!
Dinner: DH made hamburgers

Nov 9:
B-fast: Made a lot of waffles
Lunch: DH egg leftovers, DS hot lunch, DD pizza rollup, me - homemade granola and various leftovers!
Dinner: Buffalo Turkey Spaghettifrom Stolen Moments Cooking - this was AMAZING!

Nov 10:
B-fast: Waffles w/ homemade whip cream; DH&I had steel cut oats
Lunch: DH ate at work, leftovers and PB on a tortilla
Dinner: Turkey Ala King

Nov 11:
B-fast:Waffles w/homemade whip cream. Definitely tired of these - the rest will go in the freezer.
Lunch: Leftover turkey ala king
Dinner: Red beans and rice w/ sausage. Yummy!

Nov 12:
B-fast: scrambled eggs & toast
Lunch: DH free at work, kids & I turkey ala king - seriously this needs to be the last time I eat this. I'm going to try freezing it and see if it's weird.
Dinner: Leftover red beans & rice or anything else that can be found

Nov 13:
B-fast: Breakfast burritos
Lunch: various leftovers
Dinner: Homemade spaghetti with a lot of veggies and Italian sausage.

Nov 14:
B-fast:various leftovers
Lunch: various leftovers
Dinner: Wild Rice Soup w/ Turkey sandwiches on homemade bread

Nov 15:
B-fast:Cereal & homemade granola
Lunch: turkey sandwiches (didn't eat those on Sat)
Dinner: Mexican enchiladas in shell noodles. Interesting!

Nov 16:
B-fast: Pancakes
Lunch: leftover Mexican enchiladasDinner: See this is the first day of menu planning - supposed to have fried rice. We have way too many leftovers so we're having FFY (fend for yourself) night.

Nov 17:
B-fast: Kids - Pancakes DH & I steel cut oats
Lunch: DH - free at work, Kids tacos
Dinner: Fried rice

Nov 18:
B-fast: French toast
Lunch: DS school lunch, DD leftover yucky fried rice - thankfully the kids liked it, but DH and I didn't! Not sure what I did wrong - I don't think I've ever made it when it didn't turn out.
Dinner: Nebraska City Meatballs over rice

Nov 19:
B-fast: Leftover breakfasts
Lunch: DH free at work, kids pizza rollups, I had PB sandwich before grazing at Sam's Club!Dinner: DH & DS had leftover meatballs...I doubt any veggies were in sight! DD&I grazed at Sam's Club (again!) and then had junkie fast food at Wendy's.

Nov 20:
B-fast: Leftovers
Lunch: Kids & DH leftover meatballs...they loved these! I froze a few for the kids to have at lunch
Dinner: Teriaki pork roast w/ mashed potatoes and broccoli

Nov 21:
B-fast: PB baked granola
Lunch: noodles w/ cheese homemade yogurt smoothies
Dinner: Beans and Rice w/ tortilla chips

Nov 22:
B-fast: Peanut butter baked granola
Lunch: same as dinner the night before - beans and rice w/ steamed broccoli
Dinner: DH is making pizza

Nov 23:
B-fast: leftover PB baked granola
Lunch: DS - school lunch, DD - pizza rollup, DH&I leftover pizza
Dinner: Veggie Quiche

Nov 24:
B-fast: ?
Lunch: ?
Dinner: making sandwiches for our trip to Denver

We'll be gone Nov. 25-28

Nov 29:
B-fast: Waffles from the freezer
Lunch: Tomato soup & grill cheese
Dinner: DH made pizza

Nov 30:
B-fast: Pancakes
Lunch: Leftover pizza
Dinner: Turkey soup & Homemade croutons