Sunday, November 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 11/30 - 12/6


Our meals don't seem quite so boring now that I'm menu planning a little more. I am making things from my pantry, freezer and fridge, but it doesn't seem to be the same thing over and over again - which in my case is Mexican most nights! Because I had some ideas written down (from the Internet and meals I didn't make last week) I didn't have to think too hard to come up with this plan. Since I only have $35 to spend at the store this week I need to be very careful in my purchases! Thankfully, all I really need is milk, fresh fruit, carrots, cabbage and one pound of ground beef.


Planned Breakfasts:



  • Pancakes (make homemade syrup)

  • Steel Cut Oats

  • French Toast Casserole

  • Scrambled Eggs

  • Leftovers and/or cereal

Planned Dinners - it's a busy week and I'm not sure when we'll be home to eat so I'll make a lot of the meals during the day and then we'll re-heat in the evening.



  • Turkey Soup w/ homemade croutons (bits of bread in the freezer)

  • Refried pinto beans - smothered in green chile or spicy rice and beans

  • Cheesy Beef & Rice

  • Homemade spaghetti or spaghetti pie

  • Turkey pot pie

We have a potluck to go to one night and I'm not sure if we'll be eating here on Friday due to a basketball tournament for my daughter.

All meals are subject to change without notification

Really, it's okay if your plan doesn't work out. Seriously, it'll be okay...right?!? As Life as a Mom has stated - this menu plan is for ME. To help ME!!! Okay, it'll be okay if it's not perfect (I think).

Hop on over to Org Junkie to get more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment