Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Step by Step

I realize that I am much more successful at the grocery store when I follow a set routine. Anything that messes up that routine just causes a big head ache for me. I realize how odd that must sound to some people that can "go with the flow", but I'm just not like that. I think I'm okay with that. No, I know I'm okay with that.

From The Free Dictionary website I found this definition of routine:

rou·tine (r-tn)
n.
1. A prescribed, detailed course of action to be followed regularly; a standard procedure.


I like that! I really need to get my grocery shopping routine down so I don't spend sooooo much time working on it. Sure, I don't spend very much money at the grocery store, but I sure spend a lot of time planning my trips!

I have found that baby steps seem to work the best for me when I plan on making changes in my life. Gotta love Flylady and the principles that she teaches and lives by!

In light of that, this week as I find recipes I want to make I will WRITE THEM DOWN IMMEDIATELY/PRINT THEM so next week when I shop on Tuesday I'll know if I need anything besides the loss leaders. I'm hoping that this won't take any extra time for me since I already do it in my head. I am fairly certain that it won't kill me to write down my ideas so I don't forget. I hope it doesn't kill me anyway!

Baby Step 1: In my menu planner that I already have, put all thoughts down & keep recipes together for next weeks meals (this week I'll continue to wing it as usual). I only need to come up with five recipes since my husband cooks on Sunday and I know we'll have leftovers one night or something very simple.
Baby Step 2: On Monday link up at orgjunkie's menu plan Monday.
Baby Step 3: Shop on Tuesday for needs & loss leaders
Baby Step 4: Follow my baby steps!!!

You know if I looked through all of my old notes, I bet I'd find a TON of information that I've worked on over the years trying to get more organized...hmmmm something to think about!

While I don't know if this plan will work long term for me, I am still linking it to Works For Me Wednesday in hopes that I'll be held accountable!

Ironically on my other blog Hummingbird Homemaking I wrote about how important it is to plan. Hopefully with this plan in place I'll be able to save some time because I have routines in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment