Friday, July 2, 2010

Grocery Shopping


Here's the link for grocery items that I purchased on Thursday. You can see what we bought at the end of this post, but the formatting doesn't copy over!

I've tried every way of grocery shopping...often, weekly, semi monthly, monthly. Weekly trips to the local grocery stores, monthly order to Azure and monthly trip to Sam's Club seems to work best for my family.

I realized that while I love to have a set schedule, it is best to be F-L-E-X-I-B-L-E. Seriously? Flexible? Okay, I can't figure out how to spell that word so help me out! If I can't spell it, how in the world am I going to do it? I don't want to be flexible! Whew - deep breath in, deep breath out. Okay...

I can choose to shop whatever day works for my schedule that week and do all of my shopping in one day. This week Thursday was the best day. Next week I'm going to try not to shop if at all possible because we're leaving on Friday to go on vacation. Or is it to go on holiday? My friend from Canada always said holiday instead of vacation. She's so cute. That had absolutely NOTHING to do with my grocery purchase...just thought I'd share.

You'll see many many stops on my trip. It was SO.NOT.FUN. I do not recommend it. There's another stop that I made that's not on there. It's a store called the Farmer's Market that had just opened for the season. They aren't quite ready yet. Maybe next time I go there I'll be able to eliminate some of my other stops.

This post is linked to:
Money Saving Mom
Grocery Cart Challenge
29-Jun Breadroot Food Co-Op


Sucanat $0.24

1 vanilla bean $1.50

Tax $0.10



29-Jun Sam's Club

6 Peppers $6.98

Tomatoes $5.98

Frozen Green Beans $5.48

Frozen Green Peas $4.88

Frozen Broccoli $4.98

Peanuts $5.76

Fish Oil Pills $12.87

Tax $2.82





1-Jul Walmart

Bananas $0.70

Avocado $0.78

Hot Dog Buns for Brats $1.00

Miracle Whip $1.97

Mayo $1.97

Whipping Cream $2.13

1% gallon milk $2.48



1-Jul Butcher Shop

1 dozen eggs - YIKES! $3.90

** my egg source for $2.00 won't have eggs for two months UGGGG!



1-Jul Lueders

**I realized (again) today just how much I love love love shopping here!!!

** They sell SD items too!



4 corn on the cob - yes, it's a grain $1.60

watermelon - YUMMY for the 4th $3.84

Bing Cherries from Washington $3.26

Asparagus $1.20

** enough for myself and DH - kids don't care for it

1 onion $0.92

Raisin Bran $2.99

Parmesean Cheese $1.89

**for my daughter who wants to make alfredo tonight

** this has gone up in price a LOT! Rock bottom price used to be $1.00 now it's $1.50



BBQ Sauce $0.99

** sometimes I'm lazy :-)

Smart Chicken breasts $5.44

** Still undecided about this. Better than regular chicken breasts, but not as good as pastured chickens

** Question: Can I afford to buy pastured chickens? Can I afford the time to prepare all of the time?

Tax $1.33





1-Jul Valley Corner Gas Station

1 package brat $4.74

** My friend sells/creates labels for a local SD person who sells brats & sausages at this little gas station





Total for week of June 28, 2010



$94.72


No comments:

Post a Comment