Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Menu Plan and Program

I get tired of menu planning. I get tired of cooking and trying to figure out what to make. I get tired of making the same thing over and over again. I get tired of trying something new and the food not tasting great. Sometimes I just get tired.

Then, I will find something new try and it'll make my life a bit easier for a bit. Here's my latest menu planning find.

I took the time to input our favorite dinners, side dishes and breakfasts. Then I printed out all of these options and put them in my menu planning binder. I also printed out blank planners so I can hand write ideas down. The biggest problem that I see is that I can't easily put my menu on my blog with links to recipes.

For now, I'm over my "I'm tired" phase. Here's a very basic menu planner that I created a while back. Regardless of what planner you use, it's beneficial to plan out a few meals. Check your fridge, freezers and cupboards to see what you have on hand.

Dinners will be very boring this week. I'm trying to use up what we have before we go on vacation.
  1. Pork Chops marinated in 1/2 lemon juice, 2 T olive oil and 1 t. oregano. I'm still trying to come up with a good and cheap "pantry" marinade!
  2. Breakfast for Dinner. YUMMY!
  3. Quiche w/ whatever I can find in the house. I add more eggs to this recipe! I need to post my version
  4. Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce (Pork instead)
  5. We're on vacation for a couple of days.
We have frozen peas, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower. I need to buy some farm fresh eggs though. I might hit the farmer's market at some point to see if they have anything. Last week they had greenhouse tomatoes and 1 cucumber. If it ever warms up outside maybe my own garden will grow! We have had some lettuce from it and that's it.

This morning I need to make some peanut butter oatmeal so we can eat that for a few breakfasts and then we'll eat whatever we can find the other mornings.

Check out Orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment