Thursday, December 10, 2009

Grocery Shopping 12/10/09

Last week on I worked on a two week dinner plan and shopped accordingly. I am determined to purchase the majority of my groceries every other week. I need to ease in slowly to this way of shopping or I'll give up if I can't do it perfectly.

So the week that we get paid I plan to make a two week menu plan and buy everything I need for two weeks. My menu plan will be based on everything I have in my "pantry" (freezer, fridge and cupboards). The "off" week I will stop in to buy any amazing loss leaders, milk and fresh fruits and vegies if needed.

I'm happy to report that it worked! I thought it was going to be really really hard to get used to, but it wasn't at all. I really like the freedom this gives me, especially during this time of year. Last week when oranges were $.33/pound I should have bought a LOT more. Unfortunately I didn't know if they were going to be any good. It seems like this time of year they are always hit or miss.

During the week we did purchase a few needs like fritos, candy canes, hot chocolate and apple cider. What?!? Those aren't needs?

Prior to grocery shopping today my total was at $99.96.



Today I spent $5.00 on pasta to fill my pantry and then the rest of the money I spent was on grapefruit, bananas and milk.


Including today's purchases, my total for the month is $126.36.

We'll see if any more "needs" come up before next week!

Check out more grocery deals at Money Saving Mom and Grocery Cart Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. This helps me save money as a single ..I was shopping online yesterday trying to buy for my son a Super Mario Bros Game.. I stumbled upon a site called EZWINGAME...they are running a free contest this week for a free Nintendo... Wanted to know if anyone has heard of this site..and what they think...thanks

    July

    ReplyDelete