Saturday, December 5, 2009

Planning Planning Planning!

The way I SAVE MONEY is by planning!

In this case, I was looking ahead to next week and had to decide what to do with the meat I bought yesterday. Freeze or cook?

I made up my menu and spent one hour prepping meals for next week so it'll go a lot faster at dinner time.

I boiled up 2 pounds of hamburger. 1 pound will be for lasagna and 1 pound I added some cooked lentils and taco seasoning. I froze a small baggie of this for my kids' lunches and left the rest in the fridge in case we need lunches this weekend.

I fried the pack of bacon. I need bacon for baked potato soup next week and for refried pinto beans. I froze all of the cooked bacon. Saved some of the grease for a rainy day (yes, completely unhealthy, but OH SO GOOD!). I made the refried pinto beans, spread them on a tortilla, added cheese and salsa, rolled them up and put them in a pan. When I was done I spread a can of green chile sauce on top. Threw it in the oven for baby and me Placed it in the freezer for dinner next week.

I cut a third of the roast off and cut it into bite sized pieces, then using my meat tenderizer I took my anger out on life on the poor pieces of roast. Since I'm not angry I doubt it did any good, but it did freak my dog out a bit! I'm going to try a new recipe for crispy orange beef next week.

I also made guacamole, but that was just for me! Yummy!

Next week dinner prep should be a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment