Sunday, December 20, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 12/21-12/26


In my life, the best time to make a menu plan is when I'm too busy to make a plan. I really had to convince myself this morning that it's going to help me tremendously during this Christmas week. With company coming and having a cold/no energy I realized that having a plan will help me focus my energy on other important things.

  • Sunday - DH is making white turkey chili w/ roasted sweet potatoes

  • Mon - B: french toast L: white turkey chili D: turkey pot pie w/ beef soup (from freezer)

  • Tues - B: steel cut oats L: FFYS (fend for yourself) D: pizza

  • Wed - B: scrambled eggs w/ toast L: FFYS D: DH making hamburgers or bean soup

  • Thurs. - FFYS until dinner

Christmas Eve Dinner: turkey ala king and a bunch of appetizers


Christmas Day: For Breakfast I'm making an egg bake with eggs, cheese and shredded potatoes, with banana bread from the freezer. For Lunch/Dinner we're having Ham, twice baked potato casserole, green beans, challah bread


Dec 26th: we're having steel cut oats and whatever else! I'm fairly certain we'll have a lot of leftovers plus we plan to do some touristy stuff when our family is here.


Any or all of this might change at any given time, but I'm okay with that...at least I won't have to think of food if I don't want to!

Check out orgunkie.com for more menu plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment