Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The $400 Grocery Store Plan

$400 budget for food, $50 for supplies, and $50 misc. money.

Keeping CASH in separate envelopes definitely helps so I can see how much money I have left for the next few weeks.

  • $100 goes to my "meat savings account" held at our local Credit Union. I *think* my meat is costing about $100 per month. I truly have NO idea, I'm just guessing! This will go towards beef and pork. We haven't gotten our pork yet, I'm hoping to pick that up next week.
  • $100 Azure Standard and Sam's Club (includes frozen blueberries, real farm fresh butter, apples, fish oil pills, frozen veggies, almonds, canned tomatoes and peanuts)
  • $100 1st-15th
  • $100 16th- 30th
Is this new budget going to work? I have absolutely no idea. I'm going to make it work though! Is it going to be easy? Probably not.

As long as the majority of the food we're eating is from a local source and we're eating mostly protein, vegetables and fruits (instead of grains), then I'll be a happy camper.

I'm still wasting/throwing out food and that drives me crazy!

I will keep updating this post as I figure out how we need to spend our grocery cash. Start making a plan...it will save you money!

This post is linked to Money Saving Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment