Friday, June 18, 2010

Grocery Shopping


Look at those imperfect eggs! I love knowing they came from a chicken that eats what they should be eating, raised the way they should be raised. I love knowing who I am supporting. For a low low price of $2.00 per dozen. The only problem is, they are "molting" right now...I have no idea if that is how you spell it, but it's eye opening for me. They aren't laying as many eggs right now. So why is it that I never have any problems buying eggs at the store whenever I want? Don't their chickens ever molt?

17-Jun Lueders - Small Hometown Store

  • Plain Yogurt for starting my own yogurt $0.34
  • Butter $2.49
  • Avocado $1.50
  • 1 Roma Tomato $0.36  ** bought to see how much they each cost/how good they are
Other thing on receipt:
Frozen- Ice cream sandwiches - kids pay $.35 every time they eat one $3.49 total

You can see this in my google doc. I am realizing that I much prefer to shop once a week and only once a week. I used to shop on the same day every week and it worked out well. Something I need to think about....

No comments:

Post a Comment