Monday, June 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday Focusing on Meat and Veggies


I’m menu planning a few days at a time. I plan to go to two different stores during the week (on our bikes) so this helps me from overspending since I’m buying only things I need.

Items I need are things that we need for dinner or that are on sale that I need to put in my pantry (fridge, freezer, cupboards.) For example canned tomatoes, frozen veggies, fresh veggies, cheese, milk, cream, etc.
This week I still have a lot of apples in my fridge and bananas in the freezer for smoothies. We still have a lot of frozen blueberries as well. Veggies on hand: Green beans, peas, carrots and lettuce.

Monday: Curry meatballs and salad (I opened a can of coconut milk yesterday and I have curry seasoning on hand. I'm hoping I can figure something out. I have a great recipe for this, but can't find red curry paste in our town so I can make the recipe.)

Tuesday: Taco Bake with “Rice” Taco bake = fried hamburger with taco seasonings, can of tomatoes, spinach (from the freezer), onion, garlic and cheese. The “rice” is a bag cauliflower that I put in my food processor so it looks like rice. More nutritious than rice! Salsa poured over it all. I’ll serve carrots and guacomole on the side

Wednesday: Broccoli Beef in the Crock Pot served with green beans on the side. New recipe to try!

Check out orgjunkie.com for more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment