Friday, June 4, 2010

OAMC - June details

Chopping all of the veggies helps with clean up time!   
Yogurt is cooking!

 BBQ Sauce and bacon are cooking!




Here is what I said I wanted to do (click on the link for more details and recipes):

2 quiche (with 6 eggs) with bacon, spinach, onions, tomatoes and cheese. Bake 1 today and freeze one raw.

•2 breakfasts of sausage - 1 pound of burger gives us 10 sausage patties. Fry all of them and re-heat.

•2 dinners of meatballs (30 meatballs that have ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, garlic and onions with a bit of LA hot sauce) Bake all of the meatballs, make BBQ sauce (recipe coming soon) for one meal and freeze the remaining meatballs for another night

•Yogurt


•Salsa (recipe coming soon)


•Simple Caribbean Jerk Chicken (this was a bit too sweet for us so I'll decrease the amount of brown sugar - probably 1T instead of 2T) Note: 1T brown sugar was perfect!

Now that I'm finished, I'm so grateful that I spent a couple of hours in the kitchen. Yesterday, I was able to feed my family even though I didn't cook at all. I spent the morning planting my garden and the afternoon pricing my garage sale items.

Find other OAMC success stories at Life as Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Your list looks great. This is what I love about freezer cooking - you can spend the rest of your time elsewhere instead of in the kitchen all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some wonderful progress. Doesn't that feel great?!

    ReplyDelete