Thursday, January 21, 2010

Grocery Shopping 1/21/09

Today I did a real quick shopping trip. I think it took about 30 minutes for two stores. It's so much easier to shop without my kids during the day! I would rather go in the morning, but I had to run kids around today so I thought I'd save a bit of gas and deal with the crowds.

That's funny because I live in a town of about 10,000 people so crowds here are NOTHING compared to what they were when I lived in Phoenix and Denver. Oh how I love small towns.

Lueders small local store:
  • 10 bags of 8oz cheese for $1 ea (for my "pantry" - I still have 4 bags left from last time)
  • Pork sausage links (I had to throw my sausage away because I couldn't remember how long it had been in the fridge for. Possibly since Christmas, possibly yesterday who knows. Better to waste the money than cause food poisoning!)
  • Total $12.77
Safeway:
  • 4 boxes of pasta $.99 ea
  • 2 gallons of milk $4.98
  • spinach $.99
  • baby carrots $.99
  • 2 green peppers $1.00
  • rock hard pears $.96
  • bananas $1.81
  • 4 - blueberries 6oz $1.00 each. This is a HUGE treat for us! Yummy. We're going to use 2 of them tonight then I'm going to make a big salad tomorrow and throw those in. Oh I can't wait! Which reminds me I need ranch dressing mix. Oh wait a minute, I have a bottle around here somewhere from a basket I won over Christmas. Yee Haa. Oh it's the little things that excite me. I have tried making my own mix but it just doesn't taste good.  I have a recipe that will make one packet last for 4 ranch makings...I'll have to post that recipe some time over at Hummingbird Homemaking. Gravy, I just had a long conversation with myself. You don't mind do you?
  • Back to my shopping trip...Total was $19.79.
Cashola left until pay day Jan. 28: $ 13.00

No comments:

Post a Comment