Sunday, January 3, 2010

I lied...


Gee - first a confession and now I lied, aren't I a good influence?!?

I thought I would just wing it until Thursday, but I haven't done a big grocery shop for almost two weeks and I'm getting low on eggs and I'm out of fresh fruit. We have enough canned fruit, but we only have a few veggies. I didn't make it to Sam's Club last month to pick up a big bag of veggies and we ran out.

Tomorrow I plan to head to the store to get a few things: eggs, oranges, bananas, saltine crackers (for the pantry) and canned mushrooms (for the pantry because they are at my stock up price).

I will still need to go to the stores on Thursday after I check to see what is in my pantry (fridge, freezer, cupboards). Wednesday night it's supposed to snow and get down to -17 then on Thursday the high temp is supposed to be a whopping 2 so it should be fun! I honestly don't know that I'll make it out on Thursday, Friday is going to be much warmer at 9!!! Maybe I'll wait until then.
For dinner we'll be having:
  1. split pea soup
  2. broccoli quiche w/ fruit
  3. homemade (well, husband made) mac & cheese with ???
  4. red beans and rice w/ sausage
  5. leftover surprise - this is my bucket of "stuff" from the freezer and I'll make a white sauce to mix with what's in the bucket. My plan is to put baked potatoes on the bottom, the "stuff" next and then a cornflake topping. Sounds absolutely disgusting, but it's one of my favorite meals.
** just to gross people out further the "stuff" is just random leftovers from dinners, ie. a spoon full of corn, beans, rice, etc. A lot of people will make soup from this, but I've had better luck making casseroles.
I plan to have my two week plan posted on Thursday.
Check out more meal planning ideas at Orgjunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment