Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Planning the menu


Tomorrow is supposed to be my grocery shopping day no matter what. Well, ya, that's funny because tomorrow is going to be a fun shopping day for me! I'm going to hit a few after Christmas sales as well as return some items and go to a few thrift stores.

Grocery shopping will wait until Friday when I can make a plan. Well, honestly I have been planning all week long. Whenever I find something I want to make I write it down. I still need to look in my pantry and see what's available for other meals. I see chicken on sale this week and london broil so I see those in our future as well.

On the front of my fridge I have a chalkboard that lists the meals that we're going to have. For some reason I panic when I forget I have a plan. Every day I would try to remember what we were having for dinner that night. I have it in my binder, but I'd have to walk CLEAR across the kitchen to get it (yes, it's only 10 steps!). When it's right in front of my face I feel much better. It helps me to remember what items must be taken out of the freezer as well.

Tomorrow I'll have my plan in place and Friday I'll do the grocery shopping. So far this month, I've spent $145.00. I get $120 tomorrow so I'll see how far I can stretch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment