Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Alice.com Part 2

I think I like this website more and more!

Last week I ordered a gift card from Alice.com at 15% off. I was charged $42.50 and received a $50 gift card in the mail.

Today I placed my order:

  • Aquaphor Healing Ointment, Advanced Therapy $5.24
  • Suave Shampoo, Ocean Breeze (2) $1.98
  • Scott 1-Ply, Unscented 12 rolls $9.85
  • L.A. Looks Defining & Frizz Control Gel, Mega Hold 8 $2.33
  • Suave Conditioner, Humectant $2.29 - $0.50 Off $1.79
  • Hefty Sandwich & Storage Bags with Ties $1.79  (note: I'm SO very excited...I can't find these little cheapie baggies anywhere here in town!)
  • Hefty Storage Bags with Ties, 2 Gallon $2.44
  • Bounty Paper Towels, Prints, 1-Ply $0.99 - $0.25 Off $0.74
Sub-Total $26.91
Coupons - $0.75 (coupons from Alice)
Tax $1.57
Other Discounts -$27.73 (This is the gift card I used.)
Shipping Always Free


My Notes:
I don't know how often Alice offers that "sale" on gift cards. When you look at my prices you can basically take another 15% off because I used the "sale" gift card.

There are a few things I need, but won't buy there (zip lock bags and bath bar soap for example). Overall though, I am impressed. If I were short on time I would definitely buy other things there even if they were just a little bit more money. I like shopping at Alice.com because of the convenience and the fact that I didn't make any impulse purchases!

Alice.com Works for Me!!!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't ordered from them yet, but I do have an account. Scott tissue in our neck of the woods is around $8.79 for 12 rolls, but even though it may be cheaper at the store, I'll have to consider the free shipping, wear and tear on the car, and the cost of fuel.
    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't think of myself as an impulse shopper, but I think I am (small stuff, but it all adds up) so I have to consider that as well.

    I wasn't thinking of the car costs either. I should have been too considering we just paid $1350 for repairs to our car!

    Carolyn - if you can get a "sale" on a gift card then the toilet paper price would actually be $8.37. Sounds like we shop a lot alike so you could plan to buy a sale card, wait a few days for it to arrive and then place your order.

    Anyone know how often they have the 15% off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnlyn,
    This would be great too for people like me with a parent who is long distance and aging. I'm thinking of surprising my dad with a package sometime soon.

    Ouch! I can relate to car woes. I'm hoping they are all behind us now.

    Just for me to go to get groceries and back costs me somewhere around $5 per trip. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. $5.00? Wow! We're in a small town so it doesn't cost much - I can't remember what I figured out, but obviously wear and tear doesn't help our older car!

    ReplyDelete