Saturday, March 27, 2010

Grocery Shopping 3/23/10

After creating and posting my menu plan for the week I promptly changed my mind. That is why I stopped menu planning for a bit....I got tired of it not being perfect. Then someone mentioned that it's a tool to use to HELP you! It's okay if you don't use it. So last night we had chili and peas. What a strange combo, but I really wanted to make homemade salsa and guacamole for our burritos and I knew I needed things from the store to make that happen. I'm so glad I waited!

My budget for this month was $100 higher than my usual amount ($260) so I could get some meat in my freezer. I've spent $322 total for the month so far. I have $8 left for groceries and $10 left from my "stock the freezer" fund. If there are any sales in the Safeway ad, I may pick up some more loss leaders. We aren't going to be here for Easter, but I would love to pick up some hams if they are on sale. I take more grocery money on April 1st so I might wait to shop until then.

I needed a LOT of fruits and veggies this time. I bought bagged spinach and romaine because it looked so much better than the other stuff. I'm hoping to get to Sam's and check out their produce when we get back. The grapefruit I bought from there was a little bit more money that I usually spend, but it was worth it! It was AMAZING!

You can't see everything I bought in the picture, but here are a few of the items I bought today:
  • 10 pounds hamburger. I can't wait for 90% lean to go on sale!
  • 2 big roasts
  • 1 big pack of chicken
  • 5 packs cream cheese
  • 5 bags frozen veggies
  • lots and lots of fresh veggies and fruit ($30 worth)
  • for a grand total of $86.00
This post is linked to Grocery Cart Challenge and Money Saving Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment