Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grocery Shopping 3/31/10

Today I spent $51.00 of my April food and supply money in March. Is that illegal?

It was convenient for me to shop today so I spent about 30 minutes at Walmart. I only go to Walmart once a month now and it works out really well for me. Prices seem to be on the rise again!


I stopped in at Safeway while my daughter was at her orthodontist appointment. How on Earth did this little bit of food cost $40.39? I usually write down all of my prices as I go so I was completely shocked. I keep looking at my receipt to see where the mistake is.

Ahhhh no mess up - cheese was $5, 2 pineapples $4, chocolate chips $6 (shhhh...I hid these from my husband so I can actually make him cookies), pineapple slicer $9 (doesn't come out of grocery $ thankfully! Hopefully it works!) Had I been writing the prices down as I went along through the store I would have been much better off! In this case I wouldn't have put anything back, but some times I have put items back if I felt like I was spending too much money. At Safeway I actually spent $30.00 from my food money.

The best deal of the day? Fish! On the clearance shelf - $2.00/lb!

I have $209 left from my April food money and $14 left from my "stock the freezer fund." Considering that it's March 31st, I better hope that my OAMC plan works out!

Check out the Grocery Cart Challenge for more shopping trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment