Tuesday, March 2, 2010

OAMC - planning

I'm always trying to make things easier on myself by complicating every thing I do. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

However, this time I do believe I'm onto something! All around bloggy land people are having Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) sessions. Back in November I decided to try this. I took all of "THEIR" recipes and tried to figure out if we'd like them, everything I'd need to buy, where I'd need to buy the stuff, etc. I ended up wasting a ton of time because it just seemed so complicated and expensive (the items weren't in my pantry). I was completely overwhelmed and I knew I'd never be able to do it. So all of the time I spent was wasted.

Kind of.

I was inspired again after reading more OAMC success stories. About 6 months ago I wrote up this list:
These are all of the meals I want to make in a month. Either because they are easy, cheap or a family favorite. One of the drawbacks I see to OAMC is that I wouldn't be able to try new recipes. Although I have changed some of the meals on this list, I figured out if I did OAMC for these things, then my life would be a LOT easier! Especially with baseball & softball coming up where we aren't home in the evening. Ever.

So, I've been planning and planning...oh how I love to plan! I don't always like to carry out my plan, but I'm okay with that.

I wrote down the meals I plan to make, everything needed to buy to make the meals and what stores I'd need to shop at to get these things. Wednesday is the big shopping at Sam's day, Thursday I'll cook 1/2 and Friday I'll cook the other half.

Stay tuned for the results!

1 comment: