Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Frugal Grocery Shopping

Forgetting to buy items you needed at the store = frugal???

Okay, not really, but I didn't spend as much money as I should have because I forgot a couple of things on my list. That's because I have been too busy. Whine whine whine...

I seriously do NOT understand how work outside the home moms manage. I feel completely flustered! I guess I used to be a work outside the home mom and managed, but I was spending $600-$1000 on food too (food and going out to eat).

 Yes, I'm going to break my rule of not running back to the store if you forgot something. The spinach and tomatoes that I bought specifically for my recipe will go bad if I wait until next week. I am going to pick up an onion too - onion I would normally live without but since I have to go back anyway I'll grab one. It makes a huge difference in my sticky chicken.

Today I spent $18.38. I have spent $199 for the month so far. My Azure Standard order will be about $50 when it comes in on Monday. That leaves $20 in my cash envelope ($10 extra from last month) for milk and veggies (apples, cabbage, onions, pears and frozen blueberries should arrive with my order) for next week. Whew - this is a little close for comfort for me! Thankfully I have a freezer full of OAMC dinners!

This post is linked to Grocery Cart Challenge and Money Saving Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment