Monday, April 26, 2010

Grocery Shopping 4/26/10

I had an awesome morning grocery shopping. I didn't think that was even possible! I feel really good about the following:
  • where I purchased my food
  • the food I bought
  • the amount of money I spent.
Sometimes, the more information I gather the harder it is to understand what I really should be eating and where I should be buying it. I will be shopping at the "meat" truck on Wednesday to try to buy some local cheese and chicken. Also, I want to find out if they are going to have local pasteurized milk available soon.

Read more about my Azure Standard order: $55.41

Farm Fresh Eggs $2.00/dozen: $8.00 (Spent $6.00 of May's grocery money because it was convenient to pick them up today).



Safeway - organic carrots - $1.79/2lbs and they are GOOD! I don't usually like regular carrots and I really liked these! Total: $12


Wild Fish 50% off $3.00 for one pound of fish! Total: $12.00 (spent some of my May $ because it was a convenient day to shop and I'm gearing up for a OAMC session!)


I have absolutely NOTHING left in my April grocery money envelope. Total spent for the month of April was $268.00 (I had $10 left from last month). I have spent some money from my "household envelope" on food. I bought some meat locally that I was testing out to see if it tasted okay. I lost track of that, but I'm pretty sure it was around $30-$40. We'll use most of that in the month of May.

Tomorow I am going to my daughter's track meet in Rapid City which is 40 miles away. While I'm there I'll go to Sam's Club. I'm limiting myself to buying the following items: 1 block of cheddar cheese, cream, milk, sour cream, bacon and possibly some veggies. My goal is to spend no more than $50.00, unless there are some amazing organic items that I want to try out (spinach!). We'll see what happens. I'm using my May grocery money in April which always makes me panic a bit. I usually hide the food from myself though so I can't use it until the next month. Did I just say that outloud? What a geek!

Stay tuned for my OAMC plan for May!

This post is linked to the following:

2 comments:

  1. Using some of the next months money makes sense sometimes in order to shop conveniently and not making an extra trip, or to take advantage of a really good sale that won't be around next month. Good luck! I too get confused over all the info regarding healthy eating. There is just too much of it out there so I try to keep things as simple as possible.

    ReplyDelete