Friday, April 30, 2010

OAMC - Dedicated Cooking - The End

Apparently when I get tired I forget to take pictures!

Here is what I ended up with from my OAMC - Dedicated Cooking Day - Freezer cooking day:


Tonight's Dinner:  Turkey Soup w/ homemade noodles

I ended up making a "creation for supper on May 1st". Note to self - make sure you look through the fridge before you make food or you might not put everything in the chili that you wanted to, thus leaving a lot of leftovers. Make sure you read the recipe so you don't make twice as many noodles as you needed. Thus THE CREATION! If it's good I'll tell you about it. If it's not good, then my husband made it :-)

You can see a few of the recipes from an earlier post:
  • Eggs w/ Salty Sausage (hoping the eggs will absorb some of the salt!) 
  • Nachos (have chips, cheese, meat in the freezer) ** make salsa
  • Pork shoulder Roast (BBQ sauce in the freezer - will dump in a crock pot)
  • Keilbalsa (Mary's jambalaya) ** burger, tom sauce, chix, 4 c chx broth -all ingredients in freezer ready to assemble
  • Chef salad (use jerk marinade + 2 chx breasts & ham) boiled eggs, peas, cheese, broccoli, bell pepper, onion, carrots, celery
  • Lasagna w/ Italian Sausage and Spinach
  • Quiche
  • Fish on BBQ
  • Fried Rice w/ Ham, Chx egg rolls
  • Ham Dinner - with cherry pie filling/red hots (make mini cheese cakes using pie filling and graham cracker crumbs in the freezer)
  • Buffalo Meatballs (I add Louisana hot sauce to meatballs. I may or may not add cream cheese and celery)
  • Refried Beans - NO MEAT w/ rice
  • Burgers (from Sleep's) (buns in freezer)
  • Enchiladas w/ burger ** make tortillas and assemble
  • Meatball Subs ** make hoagies
  • Breakfast for dinner w/ sausage and scrambled eggs
  • Spaghetti Pie w/ Sausage and Spinach
  • Brat and Smoked Sausage ** make buns
  • Chili - lunches for the kiddos
  • Yogurt will be ready tomorrow
  • I need to finish granola, pancake and waffle mixes, and PB oatmeal dry mix too. We'll see if that gets done!
I am determined. DETERMINED I tell you, to serve all of these dinners BEFORE I decide to make something else! I will buy veggies next week if NEEDED. Seriously NEEDED. I have milk and fruit so I'm good there. I am pretty sure I have enough veggies too, but we'll see!

Check out Money Saving Mom for more OAMC inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Great job! My menu.... definitely not as ambitious LOL!! Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffalo meatballs sound delicious, I love anything Buffalo'd and Franks is my fav. I didn't see the recipe on you post you linked back too, care to share it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah - usually I just sprinkle the hot sauce over the meatballs that I've already cooked.

    It's better if you add the hot sauce to the meatball mixture though. You have to add the amount of sauce your family likes. I only add a bit of Frank's hot sauce to the meat because we don't like it too spicy.

    When I get "fancy" I melt some cream cheese to pour over the top of the meatballs and then add some sauteed celery as well.

    ReplyDelete