Monday, April 5, 2010

OAMC shopping

I went shopping last week for some things I needed for April's OAMC session. Today I finished up buying some fresh fruits and veggies as well as a few other things.

I almost bought a cauliflower. I'm working on buying more fruits and veggies - it sounded good so I threw it in the cart (well....placed it nicely). After I found out it was going to be $4.00 I asked the lady to take it off of my order. I believe (believe being the key word - I still need to look further...) that cabbage has the same nutrients for about half the price. I bought bagged spinach because it looked a lot better than the bunch you could buy, but the bunch of romaine looked good so I saved a bit of money there.

Another positive step for me was buying the kiwi fruit. In the past when I buy a "treat" for my kids it wasn't always good for them. Today I bought them kiwi as a treat. Hopefully I will keep this mind set! I bought more pineapple today too. That stuff is delicious!

I spent $24 at Safeway today. I have $153 left in my envelope for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment